Tuesday 18 February 2020

The Sky Cave Revisited II

Yet again, we finish rereading "Hunters of the Sky Cave," (see The Sky Cave Revisited) and, yet again, I do not present a summary description of the titular "Sky Cave" because I have done so twice before (see The Sky Cave and Unborn Planets). However, all this has occurred over such a vast stretch of time that I had in fact forgotten about it and would have remained unaware of it if I had not been able to search the blog for relevant phrases.

If it seems to you that I am passing over some vital issue, then you might find that I have already addressed the issue and am avoiding repetition. Otherwise, point it out in the combox.

So which part of Poul Anderson's Technic History should we reassess next? The post-Imperial period is just four works that have already received considerable coverage. However, experience so far tells me that it is usually possible to find, in any Anderson text, something new to post about.

Turning the page from our last sight of Dominic Flandry, we are plunged, almost violently, into the midst of that "Long Night" that he had held at bay for so long...

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And I think Flandry succeeded as much as any one man could possibly hope to do in fending off the Long Night as far into the future as possible. Definitely postponing the Fall of the Terran Empire for at least two centuries. Or even longer!

Ad astra! Sean