Saturday 15 February 2020

The Ardazirho Language

"Hunters of the Sky Cave."

Clanmaster Temulak, speaking Anglic except for one word:

"'If you think I would remain alive, at the expense of betraying the orbekh -'" (X, p. 228)

After three Vixenite days of sensory deprivation:

"'Let me go!...Let me go, I say! Zamara shammish ni ulan!'" (XI, p. 233)

- followed by a bestial howl.

An orbekh is a "clan alliance" or a "pack aggregate." (p. 234) The dominant orbekh is Urdahu.

There is more information about Ardazir, not much of it linguistic. Later this evening, I will see how much can be extracted from Anderson's text.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And I recall how impressed Flandy was at how tough Temulak was! He resisted sensory deprivation for THREE of Vixen's 22 hour days (plus part of a fourth) before the Clanmaster finally cracked and agreed to cooperate in being interrogated. Frankly, I don't think ** I ** would have lasted anywhere that long!

Ad astra! Sean