Tuesday 28 May 2024

What Heim's Men Were Doing On The Moon, Diane

The Star Fox, Part Three, IX

OK. In this chapter, on pp. 194-195 in my edition, we are told what Heim's men were doing on the New European moon, Diane. It is technical and I am not going to try to summarize it at this time of night but it has to do with a communication relay system, a Lagrangian point and using Diana to conceal Fox II from the Aleriona on New Europe. We are nearly finished The Star Fox, have found discussion points that we had not found before and next will reread the sequel, Fire Time, but will not start into it tonight. There is some other rereading of interest and I am still trying to give the Dune series a chance.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I share your dissatisfaction with the sequels to DUNE. I suggest again that you might try THE GENERAL series, co-authored by Dave Drake and Stirling. They have real ideas and serious thoughts to offer about mankind, politics, society, etc., beneath or along with all the slam bang action.

Been in a Tolkienian mood lately, but I plan to reread at least THE ENEMY STARS.

Ad astra! Sean

S.M. Stirling said...

It's notable that Heim in THE STAR FOX is... foxy! Very clever, using indirection and deception and false fronts.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Mr. Stirling!

Then I should reread THE STAR FOX after ENEMY!

Ad astra! Sean