Monday 28 December 2020

Falkayn's Age V

Rereading "Lodestar" and Mirkheim, I wondered whether to re-address the question of Falkayn's age but decided to leave it. For what it is worth, the relevant texts are, in this order:

"The Three-Cornered Wheel"
"A Sun Invisible"
"The Trouble Twisters"
"Day of Burning"
Satan's World
"Lodestar," first narrative section
Mirkheim, Prologue, Y minus 18.
"Lodestar," second narrative section
Mirkheim, Prologue, Y minus 9.
Mirkheim, I-XXI
"Wingless," where David is a grandfather

Complicated, you must admit.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

We know, from MIRKHEIM, that Falkayn was fifty years old by the time of that story. And Old Nick was eighty. In my revision of Sandra Miesel's Chronology of Technic Civilization, I put Old Nick's birth year as AD 2421 and Falkayn's birth date as 2451. Which I believe to be more accurate than Miesel's dates.

Happy New Year! Sean