Thursday 18 March 2021

Where Is Flandry?

Captain Flandry wakes to a thrum and a quiver which mean that he is in spaceship on hyperdrive. It has to be a non-human ship because:

the air is breathable but chilly with peculiar odors and denser than Terran;

the gravity-field is stronger;

bunk sheets are of vegetable fiber;

blankets are of long blue-gray hair;

a chest-seat is wooden and strangely carved.

However, the size and design of objects mean that the crew must be fairly humanoid. The plot thickens. And we must leave the captain in that predicament until some time tomorrow.

Now for a zoom meeting.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I tend to linger a bit over those sheets and blankets. My own sheets are of vegetable fiber (cotton) and I use a blanket made from the hair of sheep.

Zoom meetings? I've also heard of Zoom funerals. What's next: Zoom weddings??? (Snorts)

Ad astra! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
But Terran sheets and blankets would be synthetic.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I noticed that, with the idea, in the back of my mind, that many of us still don't use synthetics. And I would hope those synthetics would be at least as comfortable as vegetable fiber sheets and animal hair blankets!

Ad astra! Seam