Sunday 18 February 2018

An Amazing Text

I am amazed at how much it is possible to find in Poul Anderson's The People Of The Wind on what might be the fourth time that I have reread and posted about it. I still have over a hundred pages to go. Almost any word or phrase may be worthy of investigation. This time, I have become more aware of the Avalonian physical and social environments. A large ocean with many islands gives space for the freedom loved by winged Ythrians and by the human followers, descendants and successors of David Falkayn.

Like Mirkheim, this is a pivotal novel for the Technic History and has also invited comparison with Anderson's Time Patrol series. See Too Few.

1 comment:

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Kaor, Paul!

I agree with what you said about THE PEOPLE OF THE WIND. But others of Anderson's works has plenty of material worthy of being reflected on, such as the bits I've been quoting from ENSIGN FLANDRY and THE REBEL WORLDS.

Sean