Tuesday 27 February 2018

Spaceships

Human And Merseian Spaceships

In Common
layout
enclosing metal narrowness
drone
vibration
warm oily gusts from ventilators
duties

Differences
allowance for variations in -
size
shape
language
and culture -
- of the crew.

Merseians are:
big;
green;
hairless;
with ridged spines;
tailed;
clad in black;
each with a knuckle-duster-handled war knife at the belt;
practicing ritual deferences by word and gesture;
displaying abstract, austere tastes in pictures and souvenirs;
with sharp, dry body odors;
with no whites in the dark eyes.

Could you get used to being in close proximity with these guys? Flandry, like van Rijn and Falkayn before him, copes with any variation in body size or shape. He knows how to say not "Thank you" but "'I thank the broch,'" with salute of gratitude, in Eriau.

1 comment:

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Kaor, Paul!

I wonder how I would do, living with Merseian or any other non human race? I HOPE not too badly. And while I'm extremely skeptical of all UFO stories I've seen I actually hope to see a real UFO!

Sean