Thursday 16 January 2020

Another Merseian Name

See More Merseian Names.

We learn one more on Talwin in A Circus Of Hells, CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

"..Wythan Scarcheek..." (p. 310)

- is a member of the xenological team studying the Domrath.

That might be the full list of names but we can never be certain. These haphazard posts might form the basis of a more systematic encylopedia of the Technic History and also of other Andersonian universes like the Time Patrol timeline.

(I see that Wythan was on the first list.)

See also An Addendum On Merseian Nicknames.

4 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And Wythan's nickname is self-explanatory! Altho we don't know if his scar was from an accident or from a wound in military service.

Ad astra! Sean

David Birr said...

Paul and Sean:
As a minor, possibly amusing coincidence, I discovered this blog while looking for info on Merseians to support a story idea with which I was toying (even though I'd long since realized I could never actually write it, being pathetically wooden at characterization). The idea included a Merseian in honorable exile ... and his name was Gwythlir Scarthroat.

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

David,
You could write your story idea and plot outline as a post for this blog.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, DAVID!

I second what Paul suggested! And do you hypothesize Gwythlir Scarthroat as living in exile in the Empire?

I first found the predecessor to this blog by searching for websites devoted to the works of Poul Anderson. I think as long ago as 2012.

Ad astra! Sean