Monday 11 March 2019

Some Details In "Home"

For reference, see "Home."

The round trip to retrieve the colonists from Mithras, thirty-three light-years from Sol, will take seventy years.

The scientific base, not really intended as a colony, has been on Mithras for a hundred years.

Earth has pelagiculture (scroll down) and floating towns with transport webs.

The Terrestrial Directorate is terminating all interstellar activity because global population has grown large and resources low.

This sounds like the Rustum History except for the word "Directorate" instead of "Federation" and that could reflect a regime change. Thus, so far, this story might fit into that future history.

2 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I think the background of "Home" is different enough from that of the Rustum stories that I would it belongs to a series I would call the "Directorate." And includes three other stories: "The Alien Enemy," "The Faun," and "Time Lag."

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
I did say "so far." I am checking how the story goes as I reread it.
Paul.