Monday 18 March 2019

Trials And Tribs

This afternoon, I had intended to drive to the gym and swimming pool but my car would not start and I had to wait several hours until a busy RAC (Royal Automobile Club) man arrived to replace the battery so blog readers have read more posts than they would otherwise have done but shortly I will attend the mediation group so there should not be much more posting this evening and I still have not finished rereading the short story, "In The Shadow," which, as ever with Poul Anderson, is proving to be more interesting than expected because, although a dark star in remote space is an uninviting setting for a fictional narrative, the ideas, speculations and character interactions in the story more than compensate for this cheerless environment. 

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

But to the people who live in the "dark" universe I'm sure it's safe to say they don't find their universe dark. Maybe, to them, OUR universe is the dark one.

I'm sorry about your car battery going kaput! Am I correct to guess you don't have a garage? One of the drawbacks to not having one is how that means you have to park your car in all kinds of weather. Such as frigid weather killing car batteries.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
Living on this terrace street, I certainly do not have a garage!
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Which is what I was thinking of when I recalled the pictures you've shown us of the street you live on.

Sean