Tuesday 19 March 2019

The Freedom Of Blogging

The name, "Krishnamurti," appears twice in a Poul Anderson collection so I post about Jiddu Krishnamurti.

The name, "Mr Spock," appears in a Stieg Larsson novel so I post about Star Trek and its links, if any, to Poul Anderson.

I reread Anderson's Rustum and Directorate future histories so next I reread other Anderson short stories about space travel.

In other words, I do what I want when I want.

There are a few more points to be made about "In The Shadow" before moving on to "Pride" which is also set in the outer Solar System and is a prequel to Tau Zero.

6 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And discovering this blog of yours has been a great benefit to me! Thanks to you I've not only been rereading many of the works of Poul Anderson that I might otherwise not have done, but also been given the opportunity of writing essays bringing out many aspects of his thought. And I'm glad to have introduced you to the works of S.M. Stirling as well. Many thanks!

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
Thank you for your contributions which have significantly influenced the direction of the blog.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And thank you for tolerating a reactionary right winger Neanderthal like me! (Smiles)

Sean

Ketlan said...

Not many 'reactionary right winger Neanderthal's' have a sense of humour. Nor left-wing, come to that. :-)

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Poul Anderson brings out the best in us all.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Ketlan and Paul!

Ketlan: I agreee! People who are intensely interested in politics, left or right, do tend to be somewhat lacking in humor, to being unable to be self deprecating. Not all, however, Winston Churchill had a sense of and could be witty. As was Ronald Reagan. And some of the best writers of satire commenting on the follies and foibles of mankind could be devastatingly funny. Juvenal, for the Romans of the Early Empire, for instance. Or Jonathan Swift and Evelyn Waugh in the UK, or Tom Wolfe in the US.

Paul: I certainly hope so! And I agree with you, anyway.

Sean