After roaming about town, I have returned home and might, before midnight, post more about Poul Anderson's Rustum or about Clifford Simak's future history. However, I have meanwhile acquired the current copy of a journal containing analyses of the global economy and of some contemporary military conflicts. I really ought to spend more time reading about
our problems and less about those of fictional characters. Except in the most general terms, real world issues do not belong in blog posts although anything goes (just about) in the combox.
This post is an explanation and partial apology but any departure from the blog will only be temporary.
Laterz.
2 comments:
Well, this -is- a topic for discussing Poul Anderson's work... 8-).
Future civilizations, like those in Poul Anderson's works, will have theoretical journals as dense in content and as difficult to read as any on Earth Real but we cannot be shown the fictional worlds in that amount of detail.
Post a Comment