Monday, 10 August 2026

The Jupiter Project

We have been at Windermere for most of today and I will be with Andrea above the Old Pier Bookshop for most of tomorrow.

This evening, I have revised and improved Comparing ERB. My new project is to reread and discuss the Jupiter stories by Poul Anderson, Clifford Simak, James Blish and ERB listed in that post. 

"Call Me Joe" by Anderson is the title story of Volume 1 of the NESFA The Collected Short Works Of Poul Anderson series. I have a copy.

"Desertion" by Simak is in his future history volume, City. I shed my copy when downsizing but have ordered a replacement on eBay.

"Bridge" by Blish was incorporated into his Cities In Flight, Volume I, They Shall Have Stars, as the five evenly numbered chapters and the concluding eleventh chapter. I have this novel as a separate volume and in the Cities In Flight omnibus edition.

"Skeleton Men of Jupiter" by ERB is in John Carter Of Mars and I have a copy.

Anderson's and Blish's characters experience Jupiter remotely from Jupiter V. Anderson's and Simak's characters decide to live on Jupiter. Sometimes story ideas in sf overlap.

See also:

On Jupiter And Jupiter V

Three On Jupiter

No comments: