In Poul Anderson's Orbit Unlimited
Theron Wolfe was a merchant on Earth and becomes mayor on Rustum. He is a manipulator, browbeater and blackmailer although only for the best of purposes.
In James Blish's Black Easter/The Day After Judgement
Theron Ware is a black magician who controls more demons than anyone else. His experimental release of multiple demons causes World War III and Armageddon and he then tries to influence the supernatural balance of power after Armageddon. (A great guy to have around, I'm sure.)
Is there any connection between Wolfe's and Ware's manipulations? I doubt it but you never know.
1 comment:
Kaor, Paul!
I have some sympathy for (and even liking) for Theron Wolfe. Humans being what we are, an effective politician sometimes doesn't doesn't have much choice except using questionable means to achieve what needs to be done.
Theron Ware is far more disreputable person!
Ad astra! Sean
Post a Comment