Tales Of The Flying Mountains.
Action-adventure heroes are captured and escape. In "Say It With Flowers," Robert Henry Flowers, Lieutenant in the Space Force of the Asterite Republic, does it. Having been captured by a cruiser of the North American Navy, he escapes in one of their space boats, taking three hostages with him. Thus, the North Americans cannot shoot at the escaping Flowers without killing their own men. But there is more to this story than that: several twists and turns which can be found by reading the story. One of the twists is that this War of Asterite Independence is over very quickly:
"Trade boomed after independence was won..." (p. 111)
The next story will be post-war. Future histories can be long or short. A single-volume history is short. Four stories, four Interludes and one Epilogue remain to be (re)read.
Ad Astra.
1 comment:
Kaor, Paul!
I did not get the impression the asterite war of independence was that short. I think it's very likely the war lasted several years.
I might have suggested to Anderson, if I had ever thought of it, that it would have been more realistic for that N. American navy captain to order the destruction of the boat Flowers was fleeing in. Because Flowers might have had information useful to the asterite rebels.
Ad astra! Sean
Post a Comment