Monday, 17 August 2026

Mike Blades' Moment Of Realization

Tales Of The Flying Mountains.

We do not remember the names of the characters in Poul Anderson's many works, particularly not in all of his short stories. However, I should remember Mike Blades' surname because we lived on Blades St for forty-five years before moving here to Lincoln Rd.

Mike Blades does not complete a thought and drops a bottle - which his secretary catches in asteroidal low gravity. This is a sure sign that Blades has just had an Andersonian moment of realization and one that I do not remember having read about before. However, searching the blog for "Moment of Realization," we find that it is the first one that comes up! Painting myself into a corner, I have more than once posted about some detail in a work by Anderson without realizing that I had posted about it before. However, while rereading, much comes across as new, as if read for the first time.

Another blog theme is: "Reread!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaor, Paul!

That's good enough for me! Repetition has its proper place. And I have started rereading ORBIT UNLMITED.

Ad astra! Sean