Friday 24 April 2020

Reality And Systems

The Peregrine, CHAPTER XVI.

Trevelyan thinks:

"Every time you thought you had reality expressed in a system you stumbled against a new facet. The sane man must always be distrustful of his own beliefs." (p. 142)

Maybe the Coordinator is learning from his interactions with human Nomads and alien Alori?

The image for this post is a summary of the Hegelian System of Philosophy which I learned backwards for my philosophy degree. There are many smaller triads that do not appear in this diagram. As I remember it, the third term or synthesis of one triad was (something like) the King or Monarch but Hegel discussed this term before the others out of respect for the monarchy. (Maybe my copy of Stace's The Philosophy Of Hegel is somewhere upstairs?) (Later: It is in our cellar.) I hoped that Hegelian dialectic would help to refute Marxism but now I realize that dialectical materialism is not reductionist and, in my opinion, does not require refutation.

I was influenced by J. Krishnamurti who said, "Truth is a pathless land." See here.

A Krishnamurti parable: A man picks up a fragment of the truth. The Devil's friend says, "Quick! Do something to distract him!" The Devil replies, "It doesn't matter. He is only going to organize and systematize it." (That is my retelling. One of Krishnamurti's presentations of the parable is in his Dissolution Speech. See the link.)

That is a round number of posts and maybe we should leave it there for now? That might be it for this month.

2 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I think Hegel was a loyal subject of the Kingdom of Prussia. So, of course he would respect the monarchy.

"See" you next week, if this is the last blog piece you write for April!

Ad astra! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Laters.