Friday 24 April 2020

Pale Bridge

The Peregrine, CHAPTER XVII.

I find it hard to believe that I am still discovering new descriptions of the Milky Way, especially in a novel already reread several times. When the Peregrine crew began to disembark on a terrestroid planet, it occurred to me that, by glancing ahead, I might well find a description of a night sky with the Milky Way in it. Sure enough:

"Night closed over the turning planet. The pale bridge of the Milky Way arched across a vault of clear darkness." (p. 154)

I have searched for this "pale bridge" on the blog but not found it although there are other Milky Way references in The Peregrine.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

It seems impossible NOT to find something new or overlooked in the works of Anderson!

Ad astra! Sean