Thursday 18 October 2018

Three Stages Of Consciousness In The Harvest Of Stars Future History

Organic, neuronic, transient.
Post-organic, electrophotonic, enduring.
Post-cosmic, immortal.

Also, human personalities, downloaded electrophotonically, then inputted into artificially re-created bodies in terraformed environments, become enduring. Thus, perpetually resurrected human beings spread through the cosmos while post-organics develop mentally and prepare for the post-cosmic stage.

Post-organics wrongly try to curtail chaotic organicism. In another timeline, the Time Patrol counteracts temporal chaos because that would prevent consciousness.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Human personalities, somehow electrophonotically downloaded or copied into artificial neural networks and THEN into new bodies genetically cloned for them, was even harder for me to wrap my mind around then AIs like the sophotects. I still recall how the HARVEST OF STARS books (unwittingly on Anderson's part, of course) put a stop to me corresponding with him. I needed time to think about and reread the HARVEST books before I could even think of what to write about. You might say I was intellectually STUNNED!

Sean