Friday 26 February 2021

The Fifth NESFA Collection II

See The Fifth NESFA Collection.

The stories that I do not seem to have read before are:

"Door To Anywhere"
"The Fatal Fulfillment"
 
And I have not before read "White King's War" as a short story. Some already-read stories I will reread since I remember little or nothing about them.
 
"Some stories are a piece of a larger history. Some are stand-alone. These volumes are not intended to include complete series in a single volume. Nor are they published in any internal chronological order."
-Rick Katze, p. 6.
 
But I want volumes of complete series and stand-alone stories collected in chronological order of publication! I stopped getting the NESFA collections because they contained too many already-read stories. I requested Volume 5 as a birthday present because it was one way to get "White King's War." It turns out to contain only two other stories that I have not read before! This volume is free of short verses and non-fiction. Reading or rereading parts of it will contribute to Poul Anderson Appreciation so it is worth having.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Well, at least Baen Books has republished in internal chronological order the complete collected Technic Civilization stories in seven volumes. And the same was done for the Time Patrol stories in two volumes.

I think it would need a COMPLETE COLLECTED WORKS OF POUL ANDERSON to republish ALL the series and non series stories of Anderson the way we would like. Till then, I am glad we have Baen Books and NESFA Press reprinting so many of Anderson's works.

Now, if either of these will focus on the UNCOLLECTED stories....

Ad astra! Sean