Friday 22 November 2019

Another ARC

Like totally out of the blue and unexpectedly, I have just received an Advance Reading Copy (ARC) of a novel (see image), apparently to be published in March 2020. Thank you, Mr Stirling and the two signators of the covering letter, Alexis Nixon and Stephanie Felty of Ace Books. I am grateful to be still on the list.

With apologies to any Anderson purists out there, this blog regards SM Stirling as a worthy colleague and successor of Poul Anderson and will therefore give due attention to this new book while avoiding spoilers, I hope. No doubt there will be some comparisons to be made with Anderson's works although not just that.

I am just about to walk to Morecambe to visit my fascist friend, Andrea, so reading will be delayed. Rogue Sword goes down the list of priorities but is still on there. We have all the time in the world.

5 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I envy you getting that advance reading/review copy of Stirling's SHADOWS OF ANNIHILATION. I only wish March 2020 wasn't so far off! I knew that was when the book is planned to be published. I look forward to then buying my own copy.

And there is no need to apologize to Andersonian purists! I was the one who first got you interested in Stirling's books and persuaded you to give them a chance. BECAUSE I consider him a worthy colleague and successor of Anderson.

Have fun reading SHADOWS OF ANNIHILATION!

Ad astra! Sean

S.M. Stirling said...

I certainly consider Poul to be the major modern influence on my work; and I was immensely flattered that he liked mine.

S.M. Stirling said...

Enjoy the book, btw! I'm glad there were no delays this time.

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

With great subtlety, Luz and Horst edge closer to a (final?) showdown.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Mr. Stirling!

And the very first time I noticed any of your books was because of the very nice blurb Poul Anderson gave for your UNDER THE YOKE, way back in 1988 or 1989.

Ad astra! Sean