Tuesday 24 November 2020

Dominic Flandry's Tragic Era II

See Dominic Flandry's Tragic Era.

To recapitulate, Poul Anderson's History of Technic Civilization, when not repackaged in chronological order of fictional events as the seven-volume The Technic Civilization Saga, comprises:

the Polesotechnic League Tetralogy;

three short stories that could be collected at this point;

two companion volumes focused on the planet, Avalon;

the nine-volume Flandry period;

one collection of four post-Flandry stories.

The Rebel Worlds, which I will shortly reread, is the third volume of the Flandry period and also of the introductory Young Flandry Trilogy, the latter corresponding to Saga, Volume IV.

Meanwhile, I am also reading for the first time CJ Cherryh's Downbelow Station where, in Book Four of Five, a space battle commences.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I know I first read ENSIGN FLANDRY in May 1971, when I obtained a copy of the Chilton Books edition of that story. I think A CIRCUS OF HELLS and THE REBEL WORLDS was a year later, in paperback editions. They all made a DEEP impression on me--and still does!

Ad astra! Sean