Tuesday 6 November 2018

Late Night Questions

Should Aeneas secede from the Terran Empire?
Should the Human Polity secede from the Galactic Milieu?
Should the UK secede from the EU?
Should Scotland secede from the UK?
Should Texas secede from the US?

(I used to read a comic called Lone Star with regular Western and sf strips.)

I am not going to answer any of these questions. The politics of Aeneas, the Human Polity and the UK just came together in my head. Real people and fictional characters have similar problems. See Exotica And Mirrors.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I'll jump in where possibly wiser people would have been disinclined to go and answer these five questions! Numbering them l to 5, from the top down: 1. No, 2. Yes, 3. Yes, 4. No, 5. No.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
I knew you would answer but not so briefly!
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Well, to adequately explain my answer on all five questions would take several paragraphs each! (Smiles) Because my reasoning would necessarily change and vary to take into account the different factors applicable to each of those five questions.

Sean