Monday 26 November 2018

Saints

Thank you all for, so far, 499 pageviews on a day when there has been no blog post until this one. I have been with a friend in Arnside. I am not one of the saints referred to by the title of this blog.

As one brief remark for today, which sf series am I describing? -

there is a threat of rebellion in an interstellar civilization;
the heroine of a novel dies violently;
she is subsequently canonized.

Clue: The blog title is "Saints," not "Saint," so look for two series answering this description.

Addendum: 512 pageviews by midnight.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Good, 512 blog visits by midnight! I can only urge readers who see this to drop by and leave their own remarks! I would greatly enjoy it if someone commented on what I say here, and I won't be offended if they disagreed with me.

First saint: you plainly had St. Kossara Vymezal, whom we see in Anderson's A KNIGHT OF GHOSTS AND SHADOWS. St. Kossara was crucial in preventing her home planet of Dennitza from sparking a civil war inside the Empire if it had rebelled against it (and the rebellion was being instigated by Merseia).

Second saint: you meant Jon Remillard, who became St. Jack the Bodiless. Whom we see in Julian May's JACK THE BODILESS. Jon Remillard, along with his wife Diamond Mask, was important in preventing the Metapsychic Revolt led by his brother Marc from wrecking the Galactic Milieu.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
A curious parallel between two series.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Once you pointed it out, I agree.

Sean