Sunday 15 April 2018

Classic Characters

Poul Anderson wrote Sherlock Holmes into "Time Patrol."

Leslie Charteris, creator of The Saint, wrote the Sherlock Holmes radio series, starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce.

Thus, both Anderson and Charteris wrote about Holmes.

Anderson's David Falkayn used the alias, Sebastian Tombs, a tribute to Simon Templar, the Saint, so I have been reading some Charteris, who turns out to be a humorous author.

We are about to embark on a Sunday morning walk by the River Lune so I will be back with you folks later.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Dang it, the works of Leslie Charteris has been in the back of my mind as someone I need to look up for years. ESP. since Poul Anderson was a fan of The Saint stories.

I doubt Charteris' works are still pub. in the US, which means using used book stores for them.

Sean