Thursday 26 April 2018

FTL III

The previous post, FTL II, was written in haste. I allow almost zero time to walk from Blades St up to the Friends' Meeting House. Now that I am back home under less time pressure, I am able to search the blog and find that I have previously summarized the space jump technology as presented in World Without Stars. See:

Dark Matter, Dark Energy And Intrinsic Unity
World Without Stars

So far, four FTL rationales:

quantum jumps
the Mach Drive
the superlight drive
the space jump

These rationalizations are ingeniously different yet all serve the same purpose of moving a ship through space faster than light.

The Psychotechnic History has a more conventional sounding hyperdrive. I do not think that it is rationalized. For Love And Glory (FLAG) has hyperspace and even "hyperbeaming" instantaneous interstellar communication. Does anyone remember whether FLAG rationalizes its FTL space travel?

No comments: