Sunday 12 November 2017

Latin

Delenda Est
Timeo Danaos...
negotium perambulans... (see the link for "Timeo Danao...")
Roma Mater
Tene Mithra... (see the link for "Roma Mater")
peregrinator temporis
Ultima regio regnum
festina lente
Requiescant in pace
Nemo me impune lacessit
Homo sum...
Primus inter pares (See the link for "Homo sum...")
De Mortuis...
res naturae and Tempus fugit (see here)

I have listed links to uses of Latin for a reason but am being interrupted by a family outing so I will get back to you all later.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I'm sure I've commented on this before, but I don't think many SF writers used or quoted Latin in their works as often as Anderson did in his. I have seen Stirling sometimes using Latin, and perhaps Jerry Pournelle as well, and that's about it. Correction, James Blish and Walter Miller sometimes used Latin.

Sean