Friday 24 November 2017

Choice

This back cover blurb summarizes a dramatic moment in Poul Anderson's Three Worlds To Conquer so I decided to share it before turning in. Fraser is one of those many Anderson heroes that appear just once in a single novel. Someone could compile a list of their names? I had forgotten Fraser's until I reread it.

Who are the heroes of:

Tau Zero;
After Doomsday;
The Corridors Of Time;
The Byworlder;
Twilight World;
Vault Of The Ages;
The Winter Of The World;
etc?

There is always more to learn or remember about Anderson's works.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And in contrast to this thundering "Jehovah" voice, I would bring to your attention 3 Kings 19.12: "And after the earthquake a fire: the Lord is not in the fire, and after the fire a whistling of a gentle air." The point being that God is not to be TRULY found or discerned in dramatic, flashy, ostentatious "signs and wonders," but in gentle, quiet promptings.

I know this is a contrary, minority view, but to me the TRUE, if tragic heroes of THE WINTER OF THE WORLD was Captain General Sidir and Yurussun Soth-Zora.

Sean