Thursday 13 October 2022

Report From Blog Central

 

I am laid up with what is hopefully just a cold, not Covid, so will probably not blog much today. I have taken to rereading Dornford Yates.

We suspect that The Imperial Stars collects just Poul Anderson's Young Flandry Trilogy, not also the sequel, The Day Of Their Return. That being so, the "three substantial volumes" (see here) contain nineteen of the forty-three instalments of Anderson's Technic History, including four of the eleven novels - unless we also count two or three shorter works as "novels," a question to which I will not return here.

Make the most of an illness, if you can. I will read, drink coffee, eat and miss a public meeting this evening but will receive a report from the principal participants.

Fair wins forever.
High is heaven and holy.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I hope your illness is minor, nothing serious. And I think we are going to be permanently stuck with covid learn to treat it the way we do the common cold and the flu.

Thanks a lot, China!

Sometimes you also use "Glory to the Emperor" as a farewell.

Ad astra! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,

I considered it but I am not an Imperialist! (I can get into the mood of the fiction, though.)

Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Well, "Glory to the Emperor" would be natural for a fighting force like the Terran Navy.

Ad astra! Sean