Thursday 6 July 2023

Gratillonius And Corentinus

Gallicenae, VII, 3.

The Christian hermit, Corentinus, to the Mithraist, Gratillonius:

"'Look around you at God's world and ask yourself how it could have come to be and what this life is all about. Think.' He paused. 'No, I'll not ask that you pray for guidance. You couldn't, if you're as true a worshipper of Mithras as you seem to be. I do ask that you open your mind. Listen. Think.'" (pp. 151-152)

My Comments
"God's world" begs the question - which Christians tend to do.

Modern scientific cosmogony helps us to understand how the world came to be.

Questions about the value of human life can be addressed without reference to Corentinus' beliefs.

I took the advice of Mormon missionaries to ask God the Father in the name of his Son for the truth about religious matters. (What answer I received, if any, is between me and God.)

We should all open our minds.

Thought alone will not lead to Christian belief.

My most recent thoughts on God and the One are here.

Gratillonius is impressed with Corentinus and will later have him appointed as the Christian minister in Ys.

No comments: