Monday 1 April 2024

More From Valti

The Long Way Home, CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

Valti:

Change is life and:

"'I don't believe in Father. There is no consciousness except in organic life.'" (p. 125)

My comments:

That is my view of consciousness, exactly. Organisms interacting with their environment became conscious of it. Thus, consciousness is a property of organisms with central nervous systems, not an independent substance.

Valti (continuing):

Life is a necessary step in cosmic evolution.

My comments:

Maybe life was a potential, therefore had to emerge sometime. And, while we live, we can try to progress further. 

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And I disagree with Valti on both points: I believe Father is both real and that there are non-corporeal forms of intelligent life, such as the angels.

Nicholas van Rijn would enjoy arguing with Valti!

Ad astra! Sean