Tuesday 21 November 2023

Historical Links

The Long Night.

In her next interstitial note, Sandra Miesel pulls the narrative together as much as possible. Thus, she refers to Sassania, Nike, Roan Tom, Lochlann and Kraken and adds that these latter two planets took part in rediscovery expeditions. Tom was born in a spaceship with a Lochlanna father and a Hermetian-descended mother although Miesel refers to Lochlann as his birthworld. Kraken was his adopted planet. That alone links him back to Olaf Magnusson in the Imperial period and forward to the Allied Planets which will incorporate Kraken. Tom's mother's Hermetian descent is the only post-Imperial link back to David Falkayn's home planet. 

These comments by Miesel precede "The Sharing of Flesh" which we have just reread in The Technic Civilization Saga, Volume VII.

4 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I realized lately how I've been misspelling Sandra Miesel's name. Which annoyed me!

Ad astra! Sean

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I reread "The Sharing of Flesh," and while Gwydion is mentioned twice, nothing is said at either place of that planet being interdicted by the Allied Planets. I was wrong thinking and saying that was the case.

Now I'm puzzled--I could have sworn I read "somewhere" of Gydion being interdicted. Maybe that was a suggestion of Raven in THE NIGHT FACE?

Ad astra! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

i think it was.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Think I will soon reread THE NIGHT FACE!


Ad astra! Sean