Wednesday 20 January 2021

Across The Milky Way II

"Then a hovercraft whirred near, big and black athwart the Milky Way, and [Chee Lan] must change course to avoid being seen."
-Poul Anderson, "Day of Burning" IN Anderson, The Earth Book Of Stormgate (New York, 1979), pp. 318-367 AT p. 331.
 
I compiled a list of links to references to objects seen against, across, athwart etc the Milky Way. See here. But I seem to have missed the above passage in "Day of Burning." Because of blog changes or developments that I do not understand, I have become unable to edit that post and thus to add a link to this new post as I would previously have done. Any information or advice from other bloggers would be welcome.

Addendum, 25 January 2021: My post edit pencil icon has returned but will it stay?

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

What caught my eye was mention of that big "hovercraft." I know there are some real world devices using "hovering," but nothing like what we see here in "Day of Burning."

Ad astra! Sean