Sunday 16 April 2023

Two Rich Collections

The Earth Book of Stormgate collected twelve Technic History instalments that had not been included in any previously published volumes and added new fictional introductions whereas The Technic Civilization Saga, Volume I (of VII), The Van Rijn Method, collects the first eleven instalments of the History in chronological order of fictional events, including seven that had been in the Earth Book together with their new introductions. Thus, the Earth Book and the Saga, Volume I, are two rich collections with more than half of their contents in common especially since the Earth Book instalments reproduced in Volume I include an entire novel, The Man Who Counts.

Volume I contains more instalments than any subsequent volume of the Saga:

the first Technic History instalment;
the first two Ythrian instalments;
the first Adzel instalment;
the first two David Falkayn instalments;
the first four Nicholas van Rijn instalments;
one other instalment.

As I always say, read it or reread it.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I love THE MAN WHO COUNTS, my favorite Old Nick story! In it we see Anderson cleverly inverting many of the tropes and stereotypes about heroes.

Ad astra! Sean