Saturday 25 July 2020

Unpolluted Planets II

(Alpha Centauri A and B.)

Poul Anderson, "Pele" IN Larry Niven (Ed.), Man-Kzin Wars IX (Riverdale, NY, 2002), pp. 1-95.

See Unpolluted Planets.

The same sentiment is re-expressed when, from the main office of Saxtorph and Nordbo in Munchen, Robert Saxtorph sees:

green countryside;
scattered houses;
groves;
distant blue hills;
blue sky;
morning light from the sun, Alpha Centauri A;
white clouds;
a flock of rosewings -

- and thinks:

"Yes, Wunderland's still a lovely world, as alive as Earth used to be before people screwed her up." (2, p. 12)

That is my last gasp for tonight or rather this early morning.

2 comments:

Nicholas D. Rosen said...

Kaor, Paul!

I was in a store Friday, and I noticed a tube of Weleda toothpaste for sale, reminding me of “Star of the Sea.”

Best Regards,
Nicholas

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul and Nicholas!

Paul: The skeptic in me strongly suspect that Wunderlanders, in centuries to come, will do their share of mucking up their planet.

Nicholas: Welcome back! I hope we more comments by you.

Regards! Sean