Tuesday 19 February 2019

Incidental And Interconnected Other Reading

Notionally:

during the day, when I am not doing anything else, I reread and post about Poul Anderson;

in the evening, I read works by other authors.

However, these "other authors" often generate comparisons with Anderson. Notable examples are:

Neil Gaiman
SM Stirling
Julian May
Stieg Larsson

Nowadays, English pubs and cafes have shelves of books that you can read while sitting there. Thus, in the Leighton Moss cafe, I recently enjoyed rereading selected chapters in Larsson's Millennium Trilogy Volume III. At Ketlan's place, I reread Volume I of the graphic adaptation of the Millennium Trilogy. These experiences have inspired me to reread the Trilogy Volume I even though I in fact reread the entire Trilogy relatively recently. This might generate more comparisons with Anderson. Meanwhile, there should be more today about Orbit Unlimited.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And I've already gotten as far as part four of ORBIT UNLIMITED. Which shows how much the book interested me.

Sean