Friday, 4 September 2026

Computer And Continuum

Hi. My current computer problem is that I cannot publish comments in the combox but can publish posts like this one (I hope). This is a quick post before going out again in half an hour.

Poul Anderson stories first published in anthologies of original stories edited by Roger Elwood:

Technic History
"Wingless" (1973)
"How To Be Ethnic In One Easy Lesson" (1974)

time travel, non-series
"the Little Monster" (1974)

Rustum History
"My Own, My Native Land" (1974)
"Passing the Love of Women" (1974)
"A Fair Exchange" (1974)
"To Promote the General Welfare" (1975)

The four Rustum stories were first published in Continuum I-IV, respectively, and are collected in Poul Anderson, New America.

Ad astra.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaor, Paul!

Your comments above got me wondering, what were the first collections of short stories by Poul Anderson? Hence the list I compiled below.

EARTHMAN'S BURDEN (Gnome Press, 1947. Collects the first five of the Hoka stories co-written with Gordon R. Dickson.

GUARDIANS OF TIME (Gollancz, 1960). Collects the first four Time Patrol stories written by Anderson.

ORBIT UNLIMITED (Pyramid, 1961). Collects the first four Rustum timeline stories.

STRANGERS FROM EARTH (Ballantine Books, 1961). My single most favorite story in this collection being "Among Thieves."

Ad astra! Sean

Anonymous said...

Kaor, Paul!

I forgot to add I hope your computer problems are soon resolved.

Ad astra! Sean

Anonymous said...

Correction, EARTHMAN'S BURDEN was first pub. in 1957, not 1947.

Ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

The problem of not being able to comment has been resolved.

Anonymous said...

Kaor, Paul!

Good!

Sean