Friday 29 January 2021

No Answer

A Stone In Heaven, VIII.

Part of the experience of praying is not receiving an answer.

"'Where are you out there? Why do you not answer? What has happened?'"
-Poul Anderson, Three Worlds To Conquer (London, 1966), 3..., p. 29.
 
"'You know, too, that I am intimate with the chieftain of the star-folk, Banner herself.' Oath-sister, where are you? You promised you would join me.'" (pp. 138-139)
 
Fortunately, in the latter case, Yewwl is soon answered:
 
"She broke off. The voice was in her.
"'Yewwl, are you awake? Do you want me? Good.'" (p. 139)
 
I will be very interested if some day one of my gods responds like that.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And quite a few Christians have insisted either God or one of His saints have appeared to them. At places Like Lourdes or Fatima.

Ad astra! Sean