Monday 14 December 2020

Film Adaptations

We have discussed filming Poul Anderson's Technic History on this blog and I have referred to the screen adaptations of Stieg Larsson's novels elsewhere. Recent blog references first to Goldfinger, then to  From Russia, With Love, led to rereading these works which led to an idea for filming the latter. See Roseland. I thought that this idea belonged on the Personal and Literary Reflections blog since it diverges from the subject of Poul Anderson's works.

PART II of Larsson's The Girl Who Played With Fire is ironically entitled "FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE." Poul Anderson's only reference to James Bond that I know of is in The Corridors Of Time.

5 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

You are right, I can't recall any references or allusions to the Bond stories in Anderson's own works, not even in THE CORRIDORS OF TIME. Maybe he didn't much care for Ian Fleming's novels?

Anderson alluded far more often to A. Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. Or to Kipling, the Bible, or Shakespeare.

Ad astra! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,

Early in THE CORRIDORS OF TIME, Malcolm is surprised when Storm does not recognize a reference to James Bond.

Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I know which chapter you mean, it will be easy enough for me to look it up.

Ad astra! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

CHAPTER TWO.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Thanks! I will be looking that up when I have more time.

Ad astra! Sean