Friday 18 December 2020

Another Future History Series

I began to read CJ Cherryh's future history series because I am interested in such series and because her human-alien interactions might be as good as or better than Poul Anderson's. However, I started with Downbelow Station. This novel features aliens but they are not interesting and is about human conflicts that I could not get involved in so should I read any more volumes of this series? Time will tell whether I do or not. Maybe one of the volumes that is recommended as presenting good human-alien interactions? For the time being, I have not exhausted rereading Anderson's accounts of the Ythrians:

The People Of The Wind
The Earth Book Of Stormgate
The Day Of Their Return

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I read one or two of Cherryh's stories many years ago and they did not appeal to me, or grab my interest. So I never tried to read more deeply into her works. The items I read felt too flat and cardboardish for my taste.

Ad astra! Sean