Friday 25 September 2020

Holmes

I am trying to reread Poul Anderson, Stieg Larsson, John Grisham and Conan Doyle as well as to read something new. I have just purchased the Vintage Classics The Hound Of The Baskervilles, also including "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," with an Introduction by Ruth Rendell.

I wanted to make a point about "THE WORDS" but find that I have done so twice already. See:
 
Elementary..., 15 September 2013
Elementary..., 30 November 2013
 
For the relevance of Sherlock Holmes to Poul Anderson, see:
 
 
So I make no apology for mentioning Holmes. 

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I think the works of Shakespeare, Doyle, and Kipling are among the authors whose works are cited most often in Anderson's stories. With a great number of references to the writings of other authors as well.

Ad astra! Sean