Sunday 15 December 2019

Oneness

The Day Of Their Return.

Poul Anderson can echo a Biblical passage even while not directly quoting it:

I in them and you in me--so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:23)
-copied from here.

Caruith tells Jaan:

"-I will grow with you, and you with me, and they with us, until mankind is not only worthy to be received into Oneness, it will bring thereto what is wholly its own. And at last sentience will create God." (1, p. 76)

I think: the One imagines that it is us and we imagine the gods so they are in us and we are in It.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And the idea of mere mortals creating GOD was a shock to me when I read the bit you quoted. And one I absolutely reject as patently false, illogical, and contradictory. But of course we know Aycharaych was planting such ideas in Jaan's mind for his own reasons!

Ad astra and Merry Christmas! Sean