Monday 2 September 2019

Two Chapters And Three Phone Calls

Murder Bound, xi-xii.

Chapter xi ends as the gangster, Hugo Heiss, phones Yamamura and Chapter xii begins as Lauring's phone wakens him. A bit annoying.

Lauring is rung first by Judith Mendel, then by Oddvar Finsen who advises him to take Judith to:

Marin County
Mount Tamalpais (see image)
Stinson Beach
Sausalito (which he compares to Copenhagen)

Yesterday, unwell, I published four posts. Today, much better, I have published thirteen. Now, I want to read something without, I hope, finding anything to post about. Tomorrow, I will drive Nygel to a plant center and somewhere for lunch so there are unlikely to be as many as thirteen posts.

I really had no idea that there was so much to be found in Murder Bound. Never dismiss a book by Poul Anderson.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I've just barely started to reread MURDER BOUND. I've been delayed, in a GOOD way, by my efforts to keep up with your blogging and to offer appropriate comments.

And that gangster, Hugo Heiss, makes me wonder if he is comparable to our "associate," Leon Ammon!

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
I remember nothing about Heiss from previous readings. I have just got to the point where he rings Yamamura.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Well, I'll be interested in finding out how "Leon Ammonish" Hugo Heiss will be! And, of course there's the Gethfennu gang boss we see on Merseia in "Day of Burning."

Sean