Wednesday 10 January 2018

New Astronomical Data

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/jan/10/astronomers-may-be-closing-in-on-source-of-mysterious-fast-radio-bursts

It is time for me to stop posting this evening but my daughter has just emailed me the above link. If the radio bursts did turn out to be artificial, then this would be like the initial premise of Poul Anderson's Starfarers.

I am sure that some of Anderson's successors are writing cosmological sf inspired by new data about extrasolar planets and extragalactic events.

1 comment:

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Kaor, Paul!

I certainly hope it's proven that these "signals" are artificial, created by rational beings on other worlds! And I hope that, as a result of the revolt of the Sad Puppies and Rabid Puppies against the smothering blanket of Political Correctness, that SF writers will again write good hard and cosmological science fiction.

Sean