Sunday 28 January 2018

Alcohol

Alcohol does not affect Cynthians so Chee Lan smokes something. However, alcohol does affect Wodenites. Despite his enormous capacity, Adzel can drink enough to get drunk.

Generally, I think, Buddhists do not drink alcohol. Certainly, if they do drink it, then they should not drink so much that it interferes with either alertness or meditation. I am not an ordained Buddhist but have avoided drink for a long time because I want to meditate regularly. This evening, having meditated earlier, I drank one glass of wine which will not affect mediation tomorrow evening.

I do think that Adzel is mistaken to get as drunk as he does in "The Trouble Twisters."

1 comment:

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Kaor, Paul!

Well, plenty of people who call themselves Buddhists in countries like Japan or Thailand still drink to excess, I fear!

As for Adzel, at least he was never a mean drunk!

Sean