Monday 23 January 2023

Late Night Link Ups

"The Snows of Ganymede."

A labman asks a Planetary Engineer to bring back some green callistite from the Jovian System. Of course, this reminds us of green Kryptonite.

Fortuitously, this evening I reread the above and also the following:

"We've analysed [some threads] and identified the fabric. It's Crilicon.'
"'Does that come from Krypton?' It was a stupid quip that just slipped out of him.
"Arqua, who obviously didn't read comic strips and didn't know of the existence of Superman, balked."
-Andrea Camilleri, The Paper Moon (London, 2009), 13, p. 184.

I balk at this time of night. I have to stop rereading Poul Anderson because I would want to blog and I don't want to blog. The choice is between Andrea Camilleri and Stieg Larsson, Sicily and Sweden. Tomorrow, back to Anderson and Ganymede.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I might have written "...frowned in puzzlement" instead!

Still slowly rereading THE LORD OF THE RINGS, in conjunction with Hammond/Scull's massive volume of annotations.

And I'm such a geek I'm reading the seventh edition of the US Chess Federation manual OFFICIAL RULES OF CHESS. (Smiles)

Ad astra! Sean