Monday 19 June 2017

Five Authors

See Four Authors.

I missed something, namely a fifth author:

Merlin returns in CS Lewis' Ransom Trilogy;

advanced technology stops working in SM Stirling's Change series;

advanced technology stops working because Merlin returns in Peter Dickinson's Changes Trilogy.

(At least, I have been told that Merlin returns in the Changes Trilogy.)

"Four Authors" compares:

Lewis and Tolkien;
Anderson and Tolkien;
Anderson and Stirling;
Stirling and Tolkien.

My advice: read them all.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I have read at least some of the works of all of these authors you listed, except Dickinson (who is new to me). And your mentioning of Tolkien reminded me of how it's high time I started reading his translation of BEOWULF.

I've nearly finished rereading Poul Anderson's OPERATION LUNA and started reading a collection of Franz Kafka's shorter works called THE METAMORPHOSIS AND OTHER STORIES. I'll start the Tolkien book after I finish OPERATION.

Sean