Thursday 8 June 2017

Fate

Rudi Mackenzie says that his fate is.
Mathilda does not believe in fate except that we make our own. There is the will of God but that is different.
Guion says that there is no destiny. There is the structure of the plenum. See here.

So is there a Weard, Dharma, Tao, Kismet etc? (I have seen theists translate "dharma" as "the will of God.") It seems to me that each person's life is an unfolding of what was in him from the beginning. So where does each person come from?

Each human being is a unique combination of genes followed by a unique organism-environment interaction. A human organism is both complex and sensitive, able to learn and use language, and each such organism is different from every other. Can I break from my past and, if so, is this because I always had the potential to break from my past whereas someone else did not?

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I, of course, as a fell Catholic, would agree with Mathilda.

Nor do I think human being, or any other intelligent race in the cosmos, are ONLY beings with "...a unique combination of genes followed by a unique organism-environment interaction. My view is more that of Philippe Rochefort in THE PEOPLE OF THE WIND, who, if I recall right, believed that evolution guides, not compels us.

Sean