Friday 28 August 2020

An Answer To A Prayer

"Star of the Sea," 3.

Should the rebels sacrifice a Roman prisoner?

Veleda (see image):

"'I have spent this while mutely calling on Niaerdh. Does she want yon blood or no? She has given me no sign. I believe that means no.'" (p. 500)

I agree. If we pray, then it is down to us to interpret the answer, if any. Mormon missionaries told me their way to learn the truth about religious matters: ask God in the name of His Son. So I did, one evening before meditating. There was no visible or audible response. This means either that there was no answer or that the answer was, "Continue as you are, at least for the time being."

I have been as honest as I could with a couple of Mormons. (I usually find that they are willing to listen. Presumably, their missionary activity is a learning experience, bringing them directly into contact with every other world-view.)

It may seem strange to jump from first-century Pagans to twenty-first century Mormons but we must each respond to life and to our fellow human beings as we find them here and now.

No comments: