Friday 20 July 2018

Clouds Below

Sf readers readily accept accounts of travel though interplanetary, interstellar and even intergalactic space but we can also pause for awe just at the idea of atmospheric flight above clouds that are high above the planetary surface:

"...a sea of sunlit clouds, far and far below."
-Poul Anderson, The Avatar, IX, p. 82.

See also The Hidden Folk.

We have been notified that The Complete Psychotechnic League, Volume III, will arrive tomorrow. This will cause a further interruption to my rereading of The Avatar.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Alas, most times, in my plane flights, when I sat next to a window, the view was often obscured by one of the wings, or the sun made it too bright to really contemplate the vistas seen. One needs reasonable comfort and an adequate means of enjoying such a view.

I too have my copy of THE COMPLETE PSYCHOTECHNIC LEAGUE, Volume III. Something to look forward to!

Sean